Reading Time: 2 minutes
- On rising, drink a glass of water with the juice of 1/2 lemon. It will cleanse your palate, and get your digestion system off to a great start.
- Start your day with a juice… just fruit, just veggies, or both fruits and veggies. You will feel the difference!
- Fruits have the highest percentage of vitamins per calorie of foods.
- Vegetables have the highest percentage of minerals per calorie of foods. Green leafy vegetables are also high in protein, calcium, and fiber!
- Fruits and vegetables are rich in phytonutrients, which give them their vibrant colors. Try to eat a kaleidoscope salad to get all your nutrients… it will look amazing too!!
- Try making a green smoothie every day using 60% fruit (especially berries which are high in antioxidants), 40% vegetables and water.
- Other ingredients you can add are spirulina, protein powder (Garden of Life Raw Protein is a good one!), hemp protein powder (Nutiva is a favorite), and maca powder (Essential Living Foods is good. Some people like to add raw honey, which has many nutritional properties, or you can add a sweetener such as stevia or raw agave.
- Start your lunch and dinner off with a kaleidoscope salad. Live, nutrient-rich vegetables (and fruits?) with a salad dressing of your choice!!
- Choose live snacks such as raw nuts and seeds, fresh vegetable sticks with a dip, fresh fruit salad or individual pieces of fruit. Season fruits taste much better and are better for you.
- Drink at least half of your weight in water…. if you weigh 120lb you should drink about 60oz water. If you are eating lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may not need this much water, since fresh fruits and vegetables are 90% water.
- Exercise at least 20 to 30 minutes each day… no need to join a gym if you don’t want to, you can simply walk your dog around the block before and after work. I’m sure he or she will love it, and you will feel much better afterward. After exercising we don’t feel like heavy cooked foods, but light foods that replenish our energy levels and leave us feeling great!
If you follow these 7 tips, you will be eating at least 50% live foods, your body will be totally hydrated, you will be jumping with energy and totally motivated to learn more about live foods.