Reading Time: 2 minutes
As the weather begins to cool down you might be craving more warming and nourishing foods. This raw soup recipe is a comforting bowl of goodness that can help you stay on a cleansing diet in the cooler months.
The base of this raw soup is fresh-pressed carrot juice. If you don’t have a juicer of your own you can easily make this recipe with freshly prepared carrot juice from your local juice bar. Another option is to blend carrots with water in the Vitamix then strain the mixture through a nut milk bag.
It is a pretty versatile combination so you can try varying the spices to suit your personal preference. This variation uses ginger, green onions, and fresh herbs. However, it is also fantastic with the addition of jalapeño, cayenne pepper, or curry powder.
- 3 cups fresh carrot juice
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 green onions
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 ⁄2 cup cilantro chopped finely
- 1 ⁄4 cup fresh basil chopped finely
- Add carrot juice, avocado, ginger, green onions and tamari to blender and blend until smooth.
- Add cilantro and basil and pulse until mixed well. Don’t blend too long. You should still have flecks of green visible.
- Taste and add extra tamari or Himalayan salt if necessary.
- Pour into individual serving bowls and garnish with a few leaves of cilantro.