Reading Time: 5 minutes
Whole Body Reboot outlines a way of eating based on Peruvian superfoods. It was created by Manuel Villacorta, a dietician who was raised in Peru and moved to the United States to go to college.
As is a common experience, his nutritional intake suffered greatly when he began college life. He started gaining weight, losing energy, and missing his Peruvian comfort foods. This new lifestyle became all too much for him so he decided things needed to change.
He called his mother and asked her to send his favorite recipes then taught himself to prepare the native dishes of his homeland. Slowly he started feeling back to normal again: empowered and revitalized. This inspired him to research more about this diet and he discovered that the foods he was raised on have profound benefits for detoxification and boosting the immune system.
Villacorta later graduated with a degree in nutrition and devised an eating plan based around these Peruvian superfoods. His clients have experienced weight loss, increased energy, better moods, clearer complexion, and enhanced libido.
Peruvian Superfood Diet Menus
The Whole Body Reboot diet is not strictly plant-based as some of the recipes do contain animal proteins such as eggs, fish, and chicken. However, the book does include a 4-Week Vegan Meal Plan as well as a 4-Week Gluten-Free Meal Plan with recipes. If you are currently eating a standard Western diet this could be a good first step transitioning to a raw food detox diet plan.
Below is an example of a day on the vegan meal plan:
Sample Vegan Menu Plan
Silky Papaya Smoothie
2 Superfood Four-Seed Bites
6 Quinoa Cannelini Bean Croquettes
3 1/2 cups mixed greens
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 cup Chicha Tisane
1/2 boiled sweet potato
3/4 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
4 walnut halves
Roasted Spaghetti Squash Primavera
3 slices Garlic Roasted Miso Tofu
1 Yummy Stuffed Date with Cacao and Walnuts
21 Peruvian Superfoods
The foundation of the Whole Body Reboot Diet are 21 powerful, antioxidant-rich superfoods that are extremely high in beneficial nutrients. Superfoods also have specific advantages to enhance your health such as:
- Superfoods high in omega-3’s and monounsaturated fats help reduce cholesterol and the risk of heart disease. Sources: sacha inchi seeds, flaxseeds, chia seeds, and avocados.
- High-antioxidant superfoods reduce inflammation and boost immunity.
Sources: chile peppers, pichuberries, purple potatoes, corn.
- Antiaging vitamins and minerals increase vitality, longevity, libido, memory, and vision.
Sources: maca, lucuma, and sweet potatoes.
- Superfoods containing probiotics and fiber improve digestive health and reduce bloating.
Sources: papaya, beans, quinoa, and yacon.
In addition to the 21 superfoods, the recipes emphasize a variety of spices with powerful health benefits including turmeric, curry, paprika and cinnamon.
The recipe that I am sharing with you today includes pichuberries, which you may better know as Incan berries or golden berries. I have written more about these superfruits in my recipe for Spicy Tomato and Goldenberry Salad.
If you are acquainted with these high-antioxidant berries you are probably familiar with them dried. However, this chilled gazpacho soup recipe features fresh pichuberries, which are just beginning to make an appearance in health food stores in the US.
Their distinctive tangy-sour flavor and the fact that they are closely related to the tomato makes pichuberries a perfect candidate for gazpacho.
- ½ medium red onion chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper chopped
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1 medium carrot chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs chopped
- 2 large Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 cups pichuberries
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime (about 1½ to
- 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Put the onion, bell pepper, cucumber, carrot, celery, tomatoes, garlic, parsley, and 1 cup of the pichuberries in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the vegetable stock, lime juice, vinegar, and oil.
- Put half of the vegetable mixture and half of the liquids in a blender and puree. Repeat with the remaining vegetables and liquids. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving to let the flavors marinate. Adjust the salt and pepper if necessary.
- Slice the remaining cup of pichuberries and add to the gazpacho just before serving.
Whole Body Reboot: The Peruvian Superfoods Diet to Detoxify, Energize, and Supercharge Fat Loss is now available on Amazon.com
Many thanks to Manuel Villacort and HCI for sharing this recipe.
Disclosure: This article contains Amazon affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product the price remains the same for you but I receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Live Remedy!