Reading Time: 1 minute
This recipe is inspired by our travels in Thailand where pomelo salads are a very popular menu item. Pomelo is a citrus fruit that is similar to pink grapefruit but much sweeter and slightly crunchy. If you can’t find pomelo you can substitute with grapefruit and add a little extra agave to taste.
Because hot chilies vary so much in their intensity – and everyone’s tolerance to spicy food is different – feel free to adjust the amount to chili to suit your personal preference.
Spicy Thai Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili diced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 medium pomelo
- 1/2 firm mango julienne
- 1 cup watercress
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons shredded raw coconut
- 1 tablespoon shallot sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- Prepare the dressing by combining all ingredients in a small bowl, mixing together with a small whisk or fork.
- Peel the pomelo and remove the flesh, discarding the tough, white pith. Break it into small segments.
- Place the pomelo in a large mixing bowl then add the mango, watercress, cilantro, coconut and shallot.