Reading Time: 2 minutes
Everyone doing the raw food detox lifestyle needs to know how to make guacamole. Previously I’ve posted recipes for Real Mexican Guacamole (with spirulina) and low-fat guacamole. However, I haven’t yet shared a recipe for regular guacamole.
There are lots of ways to make guacamole and every chef adds their own twist to the classic recipe. This zesty guacamole by Chef Diane DiMeo gets its bite from the jalapeno, cut with ground cumin, lemon juice, fresh chopped cilantro, tomatoes, white onion, and smashed garlic.
This homemade guacamole is such a quick and easy recipe, you’ll never buy the packaged one ever again. Full recipe below!
- 2 ripe avocados
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 to mato seeds removed, cut into small dice
- 7 cilantro sprigs small diced
- 1 small garlic made into paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt to taste
- Burn your mouth Optional: 1 teaspoon minced serrano chile jalapeno or chipotle chile
- Cut the avocados in half - lengthwise, and scoop out the pulp into a medium size bowl.
- Add all of the other ingredients, and mash to incorporate. You can mash to the consistency you love! If you like extra chunky, then mix all of the ingredients together, except the avocados. Lightly mash the avocados, then gently fold the tomato mixture in.
Serves 4 as a topping or 2 as an shared dip. For more servings, 1 avocado is good for 2 people.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!