Reading Time: 2 minutes
Spiralized veggies are great but they are not the only way to make raw noodle dishes. In this raw vegan recipe, the “noodles” are created from young coconut and mangoes.
Young coconut flesh has a soft and slippery texture that works fantastic when cut into thin strips for a noodle dish. Combined with sliced mango this makes for a light, luscious and satisfying meal.
Tomatoes and cucumber add some variation in flavor and texture. This dish has some of my favorite Asian flavors. Shallots, lime, coconut sugar, and chili give that sweet and spicy kick that many of us love.
For this recipe I used an organic chili sauce – Fix Sriracha Hot Sauce – just because that was what was available. If you don’t have this brand you can use your favorite hot sauce or add some chopped fresh chili or cayenne to your personal taste.
For an optional addition, you can top with shredded dulse. This adds a salty taste that contrasts well with the sweet and spicy elements of the dish. However, not everyone loves its assertive ocean flavor, so feel free to leave it out if you prefer.
- 1 cup young coconut flesh sliced into ribbons
- 2 firm mangos julienned
- 3 small cucumbers sliced into half moons
- 2 roma tomatoes sliced lengthwise
- 1/4 cup shallot sliced
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce I used Fix brand
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded dulse optional
- Slice young coconut and mango into ribbon shapes and add to a large bowl.
- Toss in sliced tomato, cucumber and shallot and mix well.
- Combine lime juice, coconut sugar and hot sauce in a small bowl and stir together.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss everything together.
- Put into serving bowl and top with optional dulse if desired.