Reading Time: 2 minutes
There’s nothing like a warm and creamy soup during the colder weather. This recipe is full of immune-boosting benefits with its abundance of betacarotene and vitamin C.
Carrots and peppers are both rich in betacarotene to such a degree that one serving of this soup provides 400 percent of the recommended daily value. Plus when combined with healthy fats like olive oil and coconut, their absorption is significantly enhanced. It also offers 94 percent of the daily vitamin C requirement.
These nutrients are essential for maintaining the health of the mucous membranes, which are the body’s first line of defense against pathogens. Maintaining optimal levels of these vitamins can improve your immune resilience to ensure you stay healthy during the cold seasons.
An immersion blender makes preparation fast and easy, as you blend the soup directly in the cooking pot. However, you can also use a regular blender or food processor. In that case, I recommend waiting for the soup to cool before blending, then proceed with the final step of the recipe.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs carrots diced
- 1 medium red pepper diced
- 3 cups vegetable broth organic
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/3 cup coconut milk full fat
- Heat olive oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and bell pepper. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, frequently stirring, until vegetables become soft and translucent, approximately 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth, minced ginger, and thyme leaves and stir to combine. Cover and cook until the carrots are fork-tender, approximately 10-15 minutes. Stir once or twice while cooking.
- Remove from heat and puree mixture with an immersion blender until smooth. (You can also use a regular blender or food processor for this step). Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired.
- Return to medium heat and add coconut milk. Stir until barely combined and cook until heated through - approximately 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This article contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on a link and purchase a product we receive a small commission. Thank you for supporting Live Remedy!